Gateway to Scotland
Glasgow is the perfect gateway to explore Scotland. Just half an hour from the city centre, you will find yourself worlds apart from the hustle and bustle of Glasgow.
Try watersports on Loch Lomond, explore Argyll and the Isles, or visit the scenic resorts of the Ayrshire Coast. Historic cities, seaside villages, majestic castles, quaint whisky distilleries, towering mountains and tranquil lochs... it’s all here to discover!
Traditional with a Twist
Glasgow has a rich cultural history and there are plenty of ways to experience it:
- Visit the Clydeside Distillery, the city’s first in over a hundred years!
- Blend your own whisky at Glengoyne Distillery.
- Take a bagpipe lesson at the National Piping Centre.
- Take a tour of Tennent’s Brewery and learn all about the rich heritage of one of Scotland’s favourite brands.
- Research your ancestral ties at the Mitchell Library.